Monday, November 26, 2012

To Marco Island

We covered 40 miles today, November 26.  There was almost no wind so it was a motorboat ride the entire way.  Thank goodness we only burn about .65 gallons an hour or the cruising kitty would be getting very hungry.  We have never been to Marco Island and had read good things about it.  We arrived early enough to get out and ride the bikes around a bit.  It seems like the whole place is a series of canals dug to ensure maximum waterfront property.  The people we met were friendly, especially at the Italian restaurant, Davide.  The name was appealing and the food was excellent.  David changed the fuel filter and I said encouraging words-not a bad arrangement for me but I am grateful that he is willing and able to do the maintenance.  I can help, but he is the brains.  I keep him fed and the beer cold, it's the least I can do.  Tomorrow we head to Indian Key then Little Shark River and then to Marathon.  It is very remote from here south so it may be a while before I can post again.  We are looking forward to seeing some new territory.  We've bypassed the Thousand Islands due to shallow water but we feel confident in the great amounts of good intel from our friend Bill who made the trip in the Spring.  His boat draws 5 feet so if he can get to some of these spots we can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment