Tuesday, March 29, 2011

More Improvements and How to Pack for 2 1/2 months

New hatch shade/rain cover. We designed this to help venitlate the cabin when it was raining. It took some figuring out when we first used it yesterday but it worked well. We used it on the run down to Port St. Joe as a sun shade. Once we tweak this one, I'll make another one for the forward hatch. David is already dreaming up new ways to use it.
New side curtains keeping the rain out. This was my idea but David loves them now as well. I mostly wanted to stay warm on the gulf crossing but being dry in a rain squall is nice too.
I learned last trip that having things on board didn't matter if I couldn't find them. I took some tips from other women in the Seven Seas Cruising Association and made up a diagram of my storage in "woman land" and also made a list of everything I packed with a designation beside it of where we can find it. Hopefully, in two months when I go looking for that extra bottle of shampoo, I'll know where to start looking.




1 comment:

  1. Be sure to say hi to all the members of Flight 19 that you meet out there in the triangle.

    ReplyDelete